Episode 3 — Kale Temple
Kale Temple is a Data Scientist, Startup Advisor, & Guest Speaker at the University of Sydney, down-under in Australia. Most recently, he became the Founder & CEO of Intellify — an Artificial Intelligence consulting company based in Australia, where he and his team help companies grow exponentially, operate efficiently, and all-in-all become more data-driven in their decision making.
In this conversation we spend a lot of time focusing on Data Science through the lens of consulting, covering topics like:
- how Kale has been able to master Machine Learning without a degree in Computer Science or Statistics
- the pros/cons of different data science career paths
- Kale’s strategies for landing consulting clients and building relationships that last
- his thought process behind starting companies
- how he packages up his technical skills into consulting projects
- tactics for identifying business pain-points where data science can have the biggest impact
- how to build a personal brand for yourself as a Data Scientist and maximize the business value you’re able to bring
- … and so so much more.
Listen or Subscribe
You can find and subscribe to the show at:
… or by searching for “Data Journeys” on virtually any podcasting platform.
Links from the Episode
- Kale’s LinkedIn
- Intellify’s website
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- The Lean Startup
- Alpha Go documentary
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Cal Newport
- The 80/20 Rule
Got a question, suggestion, or do you just want to say hi? Let AJ know what you think by sending him a note on Twitter at @ajgoldstein393
And don’t forget to join the mailing list (below) to be notified about new episodes, blog posts, giveaways, etc.
Enjoy the show!