Episode 5 — Eric Weber
He holds a Bachelors degree in Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin, two Masters degrees in Math and Business Analytics at Arizona State University and the University of Minnesota, and a PhD from ASU. And as if that’s all not enough, he’s obtained 31 course certificates in MOOCs from Coursera and DataCamp… nearly all which in the realm of Data Science.
Naturally, this conversation was primarily focused on Data Science education through the lens of Eric’s experience as both a teacher & student.
Some topics we covered include…
- Eric’c childhood obsessions, what he wanted to be growing up
- what attracted Eric to LinkedIn and how he landed the job
- the skills & aptitudes best suited for in-class vs. online learning
- strategies for approaching online & self-directed learning
- the best and worst advice Eric has heard or received
- ethical implication of product promotion
- the danger of “content farms” in maintaining authentic perspectives
Listen or Subscribe
You can find and subscribe to the show at:
… or by searching for “Data Journeys” on virtually any podcasting platform.
Links from the Episode
Got a question, suggestion, or do you just want to say hi? Let AJ know what you think by sending him a note on Twitter at @ajgoldstein393
And don’t forget to join the mailing list (below) to be notified about new episodes, blog posts, giveaways, etc.
Enjoy the show!