Episode 6 — Andrew Ng
“Personally, I’m done transforming large internet companies… I think a lot of the important work for AI to do involves going outside the technology world.” – Andrew Ng
Andrew Ng is an Adjunct Professor at Stanford University and nothing short of a giant in the data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence world.
For the past decade he’s been shaping the way we live and learn. Four recent examples include:
- Co-Founder of Coursera: an education platform that offers online courses from top universities across the world
- Chairman of the Board for Woebot: a chatbot that’s currently revolutionizing mental health care
- Creator of DeepLearning.AI: a series of specialization courses created to help beginners break into the field of AI
- Former Chief Scientist at Baidu AI Group: the “Google of China”
This conversation was recorded in-person with Andrew in his office on Stanford’s campus in Palo Alto, California.
We covered a ton of different topics, including:
- the goals of Andrew’s new $175M AI Fund
- how he plans to revolutionize manufacturing
- strategies for ML practitioners to tighten their feedback loop
- what differentiates the best businesses like Amazon, Facebook, & Google from the rest in terms of their use of AI
- the lack of progress he’s seeing toward artificial general intelligence and the so called “technology singularity”
- why going to college for 4 years and coasting for 40 years makes no sense in today’s rapidly changing world
- …. and much much more!
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes: https://ajgoldsteindotcom.wordpress.com/podcast/ep6/
Andrew’s LinkedIn: https://twitter.com/AndrewYNg
AJ’s Twitter: www.twitter.com/ajgoldstein393/
Listen or Subscribe
You can listen and subscribe to the show at:
…or by searching “Data Journeys” on virtually any podcasting platform
Links from the Episode
Andrew’s “Learn to Speak or Teach Better in 30 Minutes” article
Questions or Suggestions?
Got a question, suggestion, or do you just want to say hi? Let AJ know what you think by sending him a note on Twitter at @ajgoldstein393
And don’t forget to join the mailing list (below) to be notified about new episodes, blog posts, giveaways, etc.